Friday, August 5, 2011

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 12 Messages in 6 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    Margaret Opira <margaret.opira@gmail.com> Aug 04 05:02PM +0200 ^
     
    It is under the photo. Under the name Kevin Hanley
     
    2011/8/4 Deb * Digital Mouse Designs <listmember@digitalmousedesigns.com>
     

     

    Lanash Lath <lanash123@gmail.com> Aug 04 04:11PM -0400 ^
     
    i chkd and i didnt see any "x" anywhere on the home page.
     
     
    --
    Regards,
    Lanash Latheef
    (*954) 655-1816*
    www.Dezignstar.com

     

    Mark E <meckeard@gmail.com> Aug 04 05:02PM -0400 ^
     
    Nope, I don't see an "x" anywhere on the website.
     
    Mark
     

     

    AEB Graphics LLC <aebgraphics@gmail.com> Aug 04 05:26PM -0600 ^
     
    Sorry Deb no "X" I browse on the latest verison of Firefox
     
    On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:55 AM, Deb * Digital Mouse Designs <
     
    --
    Abby Hoke
    AEB Graphics
     
    + 720 . 985 . 3393

     

    ravi h <hravi.87@gmail.com> Aug 04 09:19PM +0530 ^
     
    thanks everybody,
     
    i am a beginner please give me some tips for font selections and color
    selections
     
    thanks
    ravi
     

     

    Artist <sitepro@gmail.com> Aug 04 10:02AM -0500 ^
     
    *The Web Design and Development Group* (with a post address of
    sitedesign@googlegroups.com) is officially sponsored by:
     
    *W3 Domain Names*
    http://w3dn.com/ <http://w3dn.com/%20>
    Provides a great opportunity for web
    designers/developers/optimizers/marketers/domainers to set themselves up as
    a Domain Name Registrar and offer top notch business vital Internet
    services such as web hosting, dedicated servers, SSL security certificates
    and other e-commerce software, webmaster tools and marketing programs, even
    full-fledged merchant accounts. W3 Domain Names offers a turn-key solution
    to enhancing the reach and variety of offers for a web related business.
    You will have to add your own domain name, but hosting is included in this
    package. Plus you can sell yourself, your company, (possibly your family &
    friends) the same services and products at discount prices. You chose the
    products you want to sell (.com, .net & .org registration services are
    required to be offered by every store) and set your prices. W3 Domain Names
    can even take care of your support for you as your staff of dedicated
    support agents, or you can handle it yourself.
     
    &
     
    *Domain Hostmaster*
    http://www.domainhostmaster.com/ <http://www.domainhostmaster.com/%20>
    Offering among the most reasonable rates for domains in the country, the
    best domain name management tools, full DNS support, 24/7 tech support by
    phone (toll-free in the USA) with a dedicated US technical support staff.
    Domain Hostmaster is a W3 Domain Names reseller offering hosting, servers,
    webmaster tools and e-commerce software. Don't go hunting for GoDaddy codes,
    Domain Hostmaster's prices compete with GoDaddy, even with it's coupon
    promotions and offers the following codes for savings all the time:
     
    *15% discount off any order $100 or more: 100CN15
    10% discount off any order $50 or more: 50CN10
    5% discounts on orders $25 and over: 5NC25
    ...with many freebie inclusion deals, as well.*
     
     
    *Why Sponsorship?*
     
    The Web Design and Development group was first a glint in My eye when I was
    running *Webmaster Forums 9*. That forum software was sad. Still, despite
    how few features, the pathetic management/administration tools, the poor
    owner rights and the low priority of the network that Google Groups offers,
    the WD&D group still carves out a successful community and thrives. The
    WDaDg has over 5,000 members at Google Groups and people continue to join
    the Facebook chapter as well (even though we haven't done much there, yet).
     
    Although the WDaDg group is administrated by myself, I do have some
    assistance once in a while from other managers/moderators. I do thank them
    for lending me a hand, especially when I am on holiday and still need
    seemingly deserving membership requests granted, or blatant spammers
    banned.
     
    However, I do spend a great deal of time trying to keep the group on the
    straight and narrow, while both designer and developer friendly so that it
    is a useful resource for us all without too much spam (yes, we do see the
    occasional crap seep in once in a while, but we ban the offender as soon as
    we do).
     
    I myself have had to adhere to the no spam rule even though my time invested
    in running the group has never paid off for me. So I have decided to set up
    this one thread announcing my sponsorship of this group through W3 Domain
    Names and Domain Hostmaster, close the topic and make it a sticky. I will
    follow this sticky message up with a few more giving My contact info, a
    Mission Statement, and Official Set of Rules concerning posting, and a
    Welcome Message. But don't expect all this too soon, I am fighting off
    sleep as I type this (I worked the graveyard shift last night and will again
    tonight and tomorrow night, etc...).
     
     
    *Why Now?*
     
    I have been a freelance web, logo and graphic designer, as well as an
    illustrator since 1997. I have always been driven to employ web standards
    in using the best practices available that current web design technology and
    techniques allow. This group was initially started as a reach for my own
    understanding in that goal, and to be the very best at My craft that I
    possibly can be.
     
    But I never intended to stay freelance. I always envisioned myself as
    Symbiotic Design, grabbing a nice small commercial studio on a main drag
    where I would be more accessible with a set set of hours. Unfortunately,
    others did not share in this dream. In fact, it seems that My wife actually
    has very little faith in Me and refuses to believe in Me. Quite honestly,
    we could have been millionaires a few times over by now. But she refuses to
    sacrifice.
     
    Without the love and support of My family behind Me, I've had to switch
    gears. This, after I have already invested tens of thousands of dollars
    into what is apparently now only an alternate reality that doesn't include
    this version of Me.
     
    For the past year and a half (after learning of this dilemma), I have been
    trying to make drastic changes and minimize the damages that my investments
    of time, cash and credit have created. I'm still trying to avoid
    bankruptcy. And that's why now, because it has to be. Because Domain
    Hostmaster gives great deals and I have been working hard to reduce the
    amount of spam a professional would see. Because W3 Domain Names is
    actually a great avenue for web professionals to expand their offered
    services if they don't already have their own provider solutions. Because
    as a Domainer I know how important it is to protect your domains. Because
    as a graphic artist and logo designer I know how important a brand is to a
    business. Because as a webmaster I know the network these two businesses
    provide is among the largest and most reliable in the world.
     
    No one is obligated to use My services under any circumstances. If you
    still prefer Brand X over anything I offer, I encourage you to stay happy
    and even recommend Brand X to those inquire for such recommendations of
    comparable services. Although I do use My own services religiously, I also
    have other offers, these are merely the most well suited to the largest
    portion of the membership here. For instance, although I use Domain
    Hostmaster for nearly all of my domain name registrations, I also have other
    hosts such as SiteHostPros and ApacheWebsiteHosting.com so that my websites
    utilize a wide range of IP addresses.
     
    I also take the view that no one host can address each client's needs and
    utilize the best option available to them whenever possible.
     
    And to those who do use my services, I want to gratefully thank you all. I
    can guarantee that Domain Hostmaster will be around a very, very long time.
    I imagine My son will one day take over, once I am gone. ;)
     
    Doug Peters, Administrator
    http://www.W3DN.com http://www.DomainHostmaster.com

     

 Topic: Unsubscribe
    Binaek Sarkar <binaek89@gmail.com> Aug 04 05:27PM +0530 ^
     
    Are you sending the mail from the address registered at the forum?
     

     

    Binaek Sarkar <binaek89@gmail.com> Aug 04 01:58PM +0530 ^
     
    Well, there's one site that I came across called SEOWorld.com. They claim to
    be whitehat (although I have never stopped by to see whether they actually
    are). You could give it a shot. They offer all kinds of services like
    offsite and onsite SEO, link building etc. And they are pretty cheap also.
     
    Regards
    BInaek Sarkar
    Foundation
    http://www.foundation.net.in/
     

     

    ernest okojie <nestkojex@gmail.com> Aug 04 09:40AM +0100 ^
     
    ok. thanks Binaek Sarkar
     

     

    Liam Kenneth <liam.kenneth89@gmail.com> Aug 04 10:12AM +0100 ^
     
    I can do onsite offsite seo. what are you trying to rank for?
     
    Liam
    www.riak.uk.com
     

     

    ernest okojie <nestkojex@gmail.com> Aug 04 10:29AM +0100 ^
     
    well there is a site i diod for ma church, www.classyd.org i want to promote
    it and make it rank high
    Thanks
     

     

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment