Tuesday, November 1, 2011

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 9 Messages in 2 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    Bazinga Designs <bazingadesigns@gmail.com> Oct 31 08:32AM -0700  

    Hi guys, we build a new web page for our little design studio. It's based
    on a custom CMS called Vimana that has been developped with Yii MVC
    Framework. Please have a look if you have a few seconds and tell us what
    you think: http://www.bazingadesigns.com/en

     

    Liam Kenneth <liam.kenneth89@gmail.com> Oct 31 03:39PM  

    it looks great! I would prefer it to be centred though I find its easier to
    view and read a centred site
     
    Liam
    www.riak.uk.com
     
    On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Bazinga Designs

     

    Bazinga Designs <bazingadesigns@gmail.com> Oct 31 01:23PM -0700  

    thank you guys! and now towards the party :) have a nice time!

     

    ernest okojie <nestkojex@gmail.com> Oct 31 10:12AM +0100  

    Good morning all, first of all, I must say I really appreciate this
    group because I have benefited immensely from it.
    Over the last four years I have created php/MYSQL portal, applications
    and websites. Now I want τ̅☺ step up my game. So I have put all my
    works on a site I would want us all to help be critique. I want
    sincerity. So if anything is bad please feel free to state it because
    am embarking on a very big online job recruitment and placement
    portal.
    The portfolio site is www.kojex.byethost4.com/
    I would appreciate your feedback.
    If you need to login into the portal for financial system or the
    academic portal. Use ernest as user and okojie as pass. But for the
    other portals u need to register to try them out. Thanks a million to
    you all
     
    --
    Sent from my mobile device
     
    Best Regards
    www.kojexconsult.com

     

    ernest okojie <nestkojex@gmail.com> Oct 31 10:39AM +0100  

    Yeah. Thanks for the css suggestions. But for now I am really more
    interested in the programming part of it. Then latter I will tune up
    my css skills or even contract the designs out or even buy css design
    templates and focus on the PHP/MYSQL part. I prefer programming to
    designing. Thanks
     
     
    --
    Sent from my mobile device
     
    Best Regards
    www.kojexconsult.com

     

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Oct 31 06:02PM +0800  

    Ernest,
     
    When I first read Liam's comments in my email inbox, I was a bit taken back
    with his blunt assessment of your samples. I was then compelled to look at
    your sites and see if he was being too harsh on you. Unfortunately, I
    have to agree with Liam's critique.
     
    Liam gave you some good links. I realize that you are more interested in
    the functionality of he application, but you really need to consider design
    at all times, even when coding the backend. The user interface is very
    important. If you are not interested in the design side of things, maybe
    you need to partner with someone who specializes in design and also
    understands the backend so he or she can make your work look less
    utilitarian and observe natural flows and take user psychology into
    consideration.
     
    Without trying to make too general of a comment about the design elements
    of your work, I would say in addition to the links the Liam provided you,
    you need to find a good color picker to choose your website colors so they
    do not clash. Some of the color combinations you are using on the sites are
    not very good (trying not to be insensitive)
     
    Chris
     
     
     
    --
    Chris

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group sitedesign.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment