Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Digest for adsense-api@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-api/topics

    Claus <adsense@amfibi.com> Apr 27 03:15PM -0700  

    Hello guys,
     
    I'm facing the "Rate Limit Exceeded" error with Adsense management API. The
    problem clearly isn't with daily request quota, since I make very few
    requests and the overview in the Google API console also says the quota is
    fine, currently I see 3% of daily quota used and the requests per second
    chart shows maximum average requests per second for last day as 0.0444
    requests/sec. At the time I'm writing this, it's about 9 hours until
    midnight PDT and I'm getting the error.
    Even when I tried to push the request directly through the Google API
    console, I'm getting the error. The response shown when I send request
    through the API explorer in the API console is: "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "rateLimitExceeded", "message": "Rate Limit Exceeded"
     
    The error starts appearing at random times every day (usually just 1-2
    hours before midnight, but sometimes as early as today, 9-10 hours before
    the end of the day) and disapears about 45 minutes after midnight PDT,
    effectively blocking me from generating any report through API until the
    quota reset at midnight. I have also set the Per-user limit to 10
    requests/second/user (even though I'm not sending more than one request
    every few minutes) but it didn't help.
     
    Does anyone have any clue how could I fix this and what could be the
    problem? I have absolutely no idea why this happens since I'm not sending
    many requests at once, and also not using the allowed 10000 requests/day
    quota almost at all, reports at developer's console say that the average is
    about 500 requests/day.
     
     
    Thanks to all for any input.

     

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdSense API Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adsense-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to adsense-api@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-api.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment