Monday, January 23, 2012

Starting Up Home-Based Businesses

I remember a time a few years ago when I was asked to design and build a project from scratch. The project was a simple distributed control system controlling multiple ceiling fans. And it has to be finished like, yesterday! http://www.2swar.com

 

I rushed through the project like my life depended on it and a month and a half later, it was complete. Actually, I was quite proud of myself. It was finished in record time and I don't think anybody could finish a similar project that fast. I was wondering if it was a good time to ask for a raise, but..

 

My boss took one look at it and asked, "Would it have been better if you had networked the modules together with a single cable?" Successful Business Tips http://www.2swar.com

 

And he was right. If I had designed it the way he suggested, it would have been cheaper, easier to design and faster to complete.

 

What happened?

 

In my blind rush to complete the project as fast as I could, I started design with the first feasible concept I thought of, and just kept going. If I had just waited a day or two, considered alternatives, I would have come up with the better design that my boss suggested.

 

By rushing, I had actually wasted time, instead of saving it. Needless to say, I decided it wasn't a good time to ask for a raise. But I had learnt the lesson well and in future projects, I made sure I spent enough time planning before starting. http://www.2swar.com

 

I'm sure you are all raring to go. But before you go charging into the Internet selling anything that moves, spend a bit of time preparing. It will take longer but in the long run, you will be more profitable.

 

We shall continue with preparations that you should do as you plan your business. Successful Business Tips

 

Internet Access

You will be online a lot of the time. It will be best to get a broadband connection with unlimited access.

 

Computer

A lot of your work will be done on your computer and it has to be in good working order. Good working order should be defined as follows:

You can work on the computer for 8 hours continuously without it crashing. This includes being able to connect to the Internet continuously for 8 hours without getting disconnected.

It doesn't take forever for an application to load. I would look at anything up to 10 seconds as typical while 15 - 30 seconds is a little too long.

Maintain a good backup routine. There are many options available, but I would recommend using a portable hard disk or thumb drive, or writing to CD ROMs.

Backup at least once a week.

Make sure the computer is available when you need it. Any kids chatting, or hubby checking up on the sports news must make themselves scarce, when you show up. Successful Business Tips

 

Software

Each and every business is different and so are their software requirements. I have complied a short list to get you started. You will have to add to it as you move along in your business.

 

Word Processor. If your computer doesn't already have one installed, you could try WordPad. It doesn't have a lot of features, but it comes free with Windows.

Html Editor. You are going to have to do some form of web page design or editing. Even if you were to start from a ready made template, you are still going to have to put in your content.

Graphics Editor. At some point you are probably going to need a graphics editor. You can try the Paint program that comes with Windows.

Ftp Program. You will have to upload your site onto the web. For most web hosts, you will use FTP to do that. Successful Business Tips

 

Online Security or Viruses, Spyware and Other Nuisances

When I first sat down to write this section, I was thinking of a paragraph or two advising you not to be complacent. This will be followed by a short list of simple, commonsense advice on how not to get infected. http://www.2swar.com

 

But as I was searching the Internet for some statistics on virus infection, I began to realize the actual scale of the problem.

 

Although viruses are still a big threat, a multitude of other threats like Trojan horses, DDOS attacks, phishing has emerged in recent years. These threats are more sinister than the common virus infection.

 

In the old days, a lot of viruses are there just to cause mischief. You will get a message telling you that you have been infected, or the virus will automatically reboot your computer, or, my personal favorite, your screen will freeze and bits and pieces of it will drop to the bottom.

 

The intent was to tell you that you have been infected. That was the end in itself. The virus writer has no other malicious intent. http://www.2swar.com

 

Security threats these days are not so "benign".

--
Learn how to make money being online visit:
 
http://www.thewealthypages.com/index.php?key=Y2lkPW5zdTk2NzkxJndhPUp0M252UHlw
 
Free Ways To Make Money Online visit:
 
http://www.thewealthypages.com/index.php?key=Y2lkPW5zdTk2NzkxJndhPUp0M252UHlw
 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Make Money Being Online" group.

No comments:

Post a Comment