Friday, September 6, 2013

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 7 Messages in 2 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    Ash <ash.mohatt@gmail.com> Sep 06 06:56AM -0600  

    I'm mostly a lurker here, but will be more active from here on out. I'm
    wondering what everyone's development environment is like!
    I'm running several:
    MAMP/WAMP with GIT, Aptana studio, GIMP, Inkscape and cyberduck
    WAMP Running on an AMD F4200 rig with 3TB of storage 16 GIG RAM, with 2 24
    inch monitors and a Black Window keyboard
    MAMP running on a macbook pro
    LAMP with VIM (Keeping it simple!)
    LAMP is running on stand alone Linux boxes and/or virtualized instances
    (Virtualbox).
     
     
    What do you all run?

     

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Sep 06 09:40PM +0800  

    I5 with 16 gigs and 5 monitorsplus numerous ios and android devices for
    testing

     

    Ash <ash.mohatt@gmail.com> Sep 06 08:03AM -0600  

    nice! I want to get into Andriod Dev! Are you making websites or stand
    alone software?
     
     

     

    Chris Walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Sep 06 10:12PM +0800  

    I do not dabble in apps, I just build websites. A jack of all trades is
    a master of none. I try to stay focused on what I do and evolve with the
    technology. I have no interest in learning everything. I tried to learn
    Ruby and my head almost exploded.
     
    I do build with "mobile first" in mind, so have different devices to
    prove that the sites work as designed. I got tired of hearing, "I can't
    see this on my iPhone!" and other devices. Another reason for 5 monitors
    is that I can view sites in multiple browsers plus edit and ftp at the
    same time. On 9/6/2013 10:03 PM, Ash wrote:

     

    Steve Swickard <stevenphsw@gmail.com> Sep 06 10:42AM -0600  

    My primary machine is an i7 4770K with 32GB of RAM, 256GB SSD, 2TB Data
    drive and a 3TB backup drive. Currently I have 3 monitors but I find I run
    out of screen real estate quickly. I run several VM's on this machine (all
    Linux/BSD Unix). I use a variety of Editors, Sublime text 2, CoffeeCup HTML
    Editor, Komodo Edit 8 and VS2010. My backup machine is an older Pentium 4
    with XP. Additionally I have a core 2 dual machine running Server 2003 and
    Linux in VM's.
     
    Thanks
    Steve
     
     
     

     

    "Michael J. Fuhrman" <mfuhrman@enetarch.net> Sep 03 12:59PM -0700  

    All,
     
    Manuel Lemos is coming to San Francisco / San Jose for Google 2013
    Developer Conference, between September 30th - October 2nd. For those
    who may not know Manuel, he is the developer of PHPClasses.org.
     
    If you would like to meet Manuel, we are scheduling a dinner session
    with Manuel on October 3rd 2013 at a restaurant yet to be named. Seating
    will be limited to 20 people.
     
    Manuel will be speak to many different trends he is seeing in the
    industry, and taking your questions:
    - how many people are accessing PHPClasses.org, and for what purposes?
    - how many new scripts are being submitted, and for what aspects of
    website design?
    - What is the newest trending aspect of website design that has caught
    Manuel's attention?
    - ... [ .. I suggest reviewing some of the blogs for other questions
    .. ]
     
    Again, seating is for 20 people. The cost will be 10$ per participant
    to cover the rental space costs.
     
    Please respond if you would like to attend this event.
     
    Mike,
     
    --

     

    Artist <sitepro@gmail.com> Sep 04 07:20AM -0500  

    Respond privately to the sender, please.

     

--
--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Design and Development" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sitedesign+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments:

Post a Comment