Saturday, May 3, 2014

Digest for adsense-api@googlegroups.com - 6 updates in 1 topic

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-api/topics

    Claus <adsense@amfibi.com> Apr 29 05:10AM -0700  

    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to add some sleep function, even though
    I'm not convinced that it will help, since I never send more than 2-3
    requests at once and the limit is set to 10 requests per second.
     
    However the backoff is out of the question, when I start getting the error,
    it doesn't stop until the next midnight, no matter how long I wait between
    API requests.
     
    On Tuesday, April 29, 2014 1:28:27 PM UTC+2, galeksic wrote:

     

    Claus <adsense@amfibi.com> Apr 30 06:12AM -0700  

    One more note, I'm only facing this problem in the last few weeks, maybe a
    month. I was using the same code in the same way for several months without
    any problem, this error only started to appear recently.

     

    Claus <adsense@amfibi.com> Apr 30 05:53AM -0700  

    Hello Sergio,
     
    yes, that's how it looks, however I have raised the limit of
    requests/second/user to 10 which is the maximum and recently, as galeksic
    suggested, I have also added a 2 second sleep time between each API request
    and it still didn't help. And also, I'm never sending more than 3 requests
    at once, so the requests/second/user should be more enough. At this point,
    I am also the only one who uses the application which makes use of the API,
    so there's only me requesting 2-3 API requests through the web application
    once per hour and still it sometimes ends up with the rate limit exceeded
    error...
     
    By the way, is there any way how to avoid the need of every message that I
    post to be manually reviewed by the moderator before it's posted? It takes
    a day or two before my messages appear here in the group.
     
    Thanks.
     
    Claus
    On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:31:03 PM UTC+2, Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API
    Team) wrote:

     

    "Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)" <adsenseapiadvisor+sergio@google.com> May 02 03:41AM -0700  

    Hey Claus,
     
    Are you by any chance running very large reports? That could be another
    source of "rate limit exceeded" errors, and would explain why you'd
    suddenly start getting the issues (for example, if your account has grown).
     
    Cheers,
    Sérgio
     
    ---
    Sérgio Gomes
    Developer Relations
     
    Google UK Limited
    Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
    9TQ
    Registered in England Number: 3977902
     
    On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 14:12:34 UTC+1, Claus wrote:

     

    Claus <adsense@amfibi.com> May 02 07:45AM -0700  

    I see... Well, it depends on what "very large" is, but I'm mainly getting
    current day report for page views, clicks, CTR, CPC and earnings. It's true
    that all stats are going up very fast in the last 1-2 months as we are
    getting more traffic and page views so you might be right here. On the
    other hand, it's not that big, I don't want to break Adsense rules so I
    won't disclose any number just in case, but I think any popular blog or
    some similar site can reach the number of page views that we have, so it's
    not anything extreme.
     
    Anyway, does it mean that if the report is large, I have no way how to get
    it through the API without triggering the rate limit? I.e. the the rate
    limit is triggered when I'm trying to get a report for more than some
    specific number of page views?
     
    Also I would say that the only report that triggers this error is report
    for today. I never had problems with report for the whole last month for
    example. As I am thinking about it, this is something that I might try to
    test next, I haven't tried if other reports besides today's report work
    when the today's report returns rate limit error.
     
    Thanks,
     
    Claus
     
    On Friday, May 2, 2014 12:41:48 PM UTC+2, Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)
    wrote:

     

    "Sérgio Gomes (AdSense API Team)" <adsenseapiadvisor+sergio@google.com> May 02 08:23AM -0700  

    Replied privately to follow up on what's happening in this specific case.
     
    Cheers,
    Sérgio
     
    ---
    Sérgio Gomes
    Developer Relations
     
    Google UK Limited
    Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London SW1W
    9TQ
    Registered in England Number: 3977902
     
    On Friday, 2 May 2014 15:45:39 UTC+1, Claus wrote:

     

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AdSense API Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adsense-api+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to adsense-api@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adsense-api.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments:

Post a Comment