Monday, April 2, 2012

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 9 Messages in 2 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Apr 02 12:04PM +0800  

    Maybe you can install a wiki that has an outline of the architecture with
    links to the different technlogies used. I am sure that over 6 years you
    have also made some mashups of different technlogies that only you
    understand so it would be good to screenshot or even use something like
    camtasia to demonstrate hoe you accomplish things. Just a thought.
     
    > I've been a web developer for about 6 years on a largish (~1000 pages)
    ASP-based website. One area of the website uses a mySQL database as a
    backend. I'm realizing that I need to start thinking about handover, and
    the organization has asked me to do documentation towards that goal.
     
    > Has anyone done something like this before? I assume someone has. :_)
     
    > Any advice would be appreciated. I'm planning on covering technologies
    used in the website (ASP, PHP, jQuery, etc.), companies used, processes for
    updating, etc.
     
    > Seth
     
    > --
    > You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and
    Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in
    the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be
    helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author
    and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content
    is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google
    Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our
    copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted
    to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature:
    $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
    > To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
    > To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
    > For more options, visit this group at
    http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

     

    umiwangu <umiwangu@gmail.com> Apr 02 08:36AM -0700  

    Hey Chris, that's definitely a good idea. I hadn't thought of doing
    something like screen captures. I'll have to keep that in mind.
     
    Seth
     
    On Monday, April 2, 2012 12:04:46 AM UTC-4, Chris Walker wrote:

     

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Apr 02 11:43PM +0800  

    So after 6 years, are you going to end your relationship with them? If I
    had to handover the sites and server administration to the owner of the
    company I have been contracting with for 4 years, they would have to send
    someone to The Philippines to work in my office with me so they can get the
    secrets of the universe. There is so much to learn.
     
    I am sure they will never be able to part with you, but having someone
    inside that knows how everything works in the event something unforeseen
    happens is a good idea
     
     
    --
    Chris

     

    umiwangu <umiwangu@gmail.com> Apr 02 09:31AM -0700  

    I'll most likely be ending the relationship. I recently returned to the US
    after living overseas, and I'm realizing that having a full job over here
    (which hasn't happened yet) will probably mean I'll need to hand over.
     
    They've asked me to do this as a project, and it makes sense. Like you
    said, it'll be very hard to cover everything, and some things are pretty
    complicated, but any documentation at all will help.
     
    On Monday, April 2, 2012 11:43:21 AM UTC-4, Chris Walker wrote:

     

    umiwangu <umiwangu@gmail.com> Apr 02 09:08AM -0700  

    I have an idea for a website and I'd like to use animation on it. The only
    animation I've used so far is either pre-built flash (a world map with
    clickable regions) or simple jQuery UI plugins. I'd like to have an
    interactive map, that zooms and shrinks depending on the user's actions.
     
    I just got an email today from MacUpdate, promoting "Hype", which outputs
    HTML5 + CSS3 +JS. I realize HTML5 and CSS3 are not very well supported yet,
    so I think I'll have to go with jQuery.
     
    Does anyone have experience with non-Flash animation? Are there any
    authoring tools that you use, or is it all by hand? Is it realistic to not
    use Flash? Obviously I'd like to have it work on Apple's mobile products...
     
    Thanks!
     
    Seth

     

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Apr 03 12:33AM +0800  

    Check out adobe edge. It is in prerelease and is free right now

     

    chris walker <customsitepro@gmail.com> Apr 03 12:54AM +0800  

    Like I said, it id free right now so users can help them work out the
    kinks. I am sure they will charge for the full telease.

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group sitedesign.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment