Wednesday, April 11, 2012

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 2 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    Artist <sitepro@gmail.com> Apr 10 04:10PM -0500  

    Yup, that's what I meant. His message was deleted from the archive because
    it was spam. As he sent it, he was banned as a user because it was pure
    spam.
     
     

     

    alisty@comcast.net Apr 09 10:58PM -0600  

    Hi all,
     
    I'm having some difficultly with a doctype.
     
    It seems that I am not able to get my CSS to work well with XHTML 1.0 strict.
     
    I'm not sure what to look for or where to start.
     
    I know that when I run it through the W3c validator I get over 50
    errors for this one page.
     
    Is there a decent easy to read cheat sheet for codes that I can and
    can not use for strict?
     
    For example, I know that a <span> will not allow widths. This is one
    problem I am having and need to know a better work around.
     
    I'm using .net 4.0 and when you use some of their controls they are
    built out as spans. So I need to find a way around this issue.
     
    I would hate to have to put divs around everything but it's sounding
    more and more like I need to do that.
     
    Anyway, any insight in to this would be greatly appreciated.
     
    Thanks,
    Albert

     

    eriteric <eriteric@gmail.com> Apr 10 04:28AM -0700  

    I don't know anything about .net but I have to ask... any reason why you
    can't use a newer doctype?
     
    Strict is all about removing presentation from structure.. I suppose just
    keep that in mind.
    There is plenty online about it. Here is what looks like a good place to
    get you started:
    http://www.zvon.org/xxl/xhtmlReference/Output/comparison.html
     
    On Monday, April 9, 2012 9:58:07 PM UTC-7, cooljazz wrote:

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group sitedesign.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment