Friday, May 4, 2012

[WD&D] Digest for sitedesign@googlegroups.com - 5 Messages in 3 Topics

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/sitedesign/topics

    Stuart Moules <stu.moules@googlemail.com> May 03 11:24PM +0100  

    I just put one in my online portfolio last week, at stusroom.com.
     
    I used the insert spry menu bar tool on the insert bar in classic workspace
    in dreamweaver cs5.
     

     

    alisty <albertlisty@gmail.com> May 03 12:17PM -0700  

    Hello all, I would ask for some help.
     
    My main job requirements is to do client side coding. My task is to
    create pages that are not continually making calls to the server side.
    So I am needing to use Jquery, JSON, ajax and the like.
     
    One of my biggest problems is that I do a function and then end up
    finding out that because of __doPostBack calls that I have to do for
    either UpdatePanels or the like, I get functions that are being called
    twice.
     
    So my question is, does anyone know of a "list" of what events fire
    first to the last? Example would be Page_Load, On_PageInit, PreRender,
    Post Render and so on.
     
    I have not been able to find anything that would be helpful. It seems
    that I write some clean jquery and then it doesn't work well because
    it ends up firing twice. Or even worse, is that it never gets fired in
    the first place because of something else being run prior to it.
     
    Anyway, I think that is enough information to help you understand my
    question.
     
    Basically, I'm just looking for a list of events and what fires first.
    Or rules of thumb that will help me to understand all of this.
     
    Thanks!

     

    Albert Listy <albertlisty@gmail.com> May 03 12:30PM -0700  

    Aaron, Is there anything in particular that you don't like about LESS?
     
    The nested rules really sounds intriguing to me.
     
     
    On Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:05:29 AM UTC-6, Aaron wrote:

     

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group sitedesign.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.

--
You received this because you are subscribed to the "Web Design and Development" group at Google Groups. Messages are prefixed with [WD&D] in the subject. No spam is allowed. Be civil, be professional; try to be helpful & mind your netiquette. All posts are Copyright the original author and the Web Design and Development group. No reproduction of this content is allowed in any electronic or printed form outside the group at Google Groups and the http://www.WDaDg.org website. Any unauthorized use of our copy constitutes illegal Copyright infringement and may well be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Digital Signature: $©"[W|D|&|D]g"|^|!SiteDesign@GG||#%$
To post to this group, email SiteDesign@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe, email SiteDesign-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/SiteDesign?hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment